Schedulista? Or Schedulicity? What do they have in common, and what sets them apart from other scheduling software?
If you’ve taken the time to research online booking apps, you’ve probably come across Schedulicity and Schedulista. While they’re both scheduling apps for appointment-based businesses like hair salons or massage therapists, they do have their differences.
In this blog, we’ll clear up any confusion you may have between the two apps (what’s in a name, right?). With a full breakdown of costs, features, reviews, integrations, and payment processing options, we’ll help you decide which app is the best fit for your business.
Schedulista vs Schedulicity: A Breakdown
Do they have a mobile app?
Yes: If you’re heading out, or running a mobile business, Schedulista has you covered. With mobile apps for both Android and iPhone, you’re sure to stay connected to your calendar on the go.
Yes: Absolutely! Schedulicity’s all-in-one mobile app — for Android and iPhone — has everything you need to manage your business on the road. Both apps allow you to manage your calendar, view appointments, and access everything you need to know about your clients.
How much do they cost?
Free version? While Schedulista does not have a free version, they do have a free 15-day trial for you to explore before signing up for a paid plan.
Schedulista has three subscription levels:
- Basic: $19/month (for solo providers)
- Plan 2: $39/month (for up to fifteen users)
- Enterprise: You have to contact Schedulista to get the price.
Free version? Yes, Schedulicity has a free plan that allows up to ten appointments per month! While some features aren’t available in the free version, you can keep your subscription at $0 for as long as you need.
When you’re ready, Schedulicity has an Unlimited Plan and a Free Plan:
- Free Plan: For those just getting started, get online scheduling for up to 10 appointments per month.
- Unlimited (solo provider): Get everything you need to manage your business for $34.99, including unlimited appointments/classes, email and text reminders for clients, automated marketing tools, payment processing, and more!
- Unlimited (growing businesses): Add up to five additional providers for $10 per month per provider.
- Unlimited (big businesses): Have seven or more providers? Add as many as you need for $94.99 per month.
Do they offer customer service?
According to Schedulista’s Capterra page, they have the following for support:
- Email/Help Desk
- Knowledge Base
- Phone Support
While Schedulista does have a knowledge base for FAQs and how-tos, they don’t offer webinars or video tutorials.
Schedulicity’s award-winning customer support is the best in the business! With unlimited help via phone, chat, and email, we’ll work with you as long as it takes to get your business up and running with us.
- Email/Help Desk
- Knowledge Base
- Phone Support
- Free Webinars
- Free Video Tutorials
- Free Courses
Who are their competitors?
Since both apps are built with appointment-based businesses in mind, like hair stylists, barbers, and massage therapists, there’s definitely some overlap in their competitors.
Here’s a quick list of Schedulicity’s and Schedulista’s closest competitors:
- Vagaro: Best for larger businesses, especially businesses that depend on Yelp for a lot of their business or businesses with a lot of employees.
- Mindbody: Best for fitness classes and larger businesses who want more advanced features. (We did a whole breakdown of Mindbody alternatives, too!)
- Acuity: Best for established businesses who need more customizable features, like integrations with external marketing and payment tools.
- Nudge Coach: Best for coaches, consultants, and organizations who want to use custom programs to increase retention and drive engagement.
Do they have credit card processing?
Yes and No: Yes, Schedulista has an integration with Stripe for businesses to charge client credit cards and capture cards at the time of booking. But… they don’t have their own built-in payment processor. Instead, businesses have to create a Stripe account to connect to their Schedulista account.
How much does it cost? Stripe’s payment processing fees apply, so Schedulista will point you to Stripe’s site to find out fee amounts: 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction.
Yes: Yes, Schedulicity has their own built-in payment processor that comes included in the Unlimited Plan. With your payment processor built into your account, everything you need is at your fingertips: tipping, auto-billing, prepayments, and refunds. Schedulicity also comes with pay-by-text technology, Norm, so you can send the bill directly to your client’s phone!
How much does it cost? Schedulicity has one industry-low rate for every type of transaction: 2.5% + 15¢. No hidden fees or annual costs either!
Send the bill straight to your client’s phone with Norm. Ditch the card reader, speed through payment, and bump up tips. Available now on Schedulicity Unlimited.Learn more about Norm
Do they offer any integrations?
Yes, Schedulista has a handful of useful integrations for everything from email marketing to payment processing, such as:
- Mailchimp: For email marketing tools.
- Stripe: For processing client payments and holding credit cards on file.
- Zoom: To schedule and host online video sessions with clients.
- Instagram and Facebook: To allow clients to book right from your social media page.
Yes, Schedulicity has helpful integrations to allow clients to book on your Instagram or Facebook page. Plus, we have website integrations, too!
- Instagram and Facebook: Add Book Now buttons to allow clients to book right from your page.
- Website integrations: Easily embed Schedulicity into your existing business website using our website widget tools, so clients can book with you without ever leaving your site.