Instagram is a fantastic resource for marketing your service business, whether you’re a salon, fitness trainer, or dog walker.
You can display your portfolio with high-quality pictures or show off happy clients—and optimize your posts with hashtags to find new customers. But ever wonder about those handy Instagram buttons that certain business accounts have? Chances are, you’d love to add a Book button to your own feed so that clients could book on Instagram instantly.
A basic rule of service businesses is to make booking appointments as easy as humanly possible. The process should be seamless, so clients can find you wherever they’re hanging out online and book you right away. That’s why Book buttons for Instagram are essential (spoiler alert: Schedulicity offers one) — and why we’re here to help you get one set up today.
In this article:
- Instagram Buttons 101: What Are They And How Do You Add Them?
- Platforms and Scheduling Apps that Offer Instagram Buttons
- How to Add a Book Button to Instagram Using Schedulicity
Instagram Buttons: How Do You Add Them?
If you’re using Schedulicity’s online scheduling software, we’ve created a super easy process for adding a Book Now button to your Instagram account. Just skip ahead to the next section.
For the rest of us, here’s a quick explainer on how to add a button to your Instagram:
Step 1: Get a Business Account
You’re going to need a business account if you don’t have one already. This is a win-win because you’ll get access to more metrics (essential if you’re working on growing your following), and you’ll be able to add one of three Instagram buttons to your account. If you’re not sure how to make the switch, Instagram for Business made a handy video on creating a business account.
Step 2: Pick Your Button
Instagram currently offers three button options: Book (for booking an appointment, Reserve (for restaurants), and Get Tickets (for events). But here’s the thing: To use these, you’ll need to go through a third-party provider — or what Instagram calls a “partner.” Like us!
Step 3: Pick Your Booking Platform
Some platforms offer Instagram button integration, while others do not. We like to think the best scheduling apps—cough, cough—should make adding a Book button to Instagram a snap. (We do! Here’s a breakdown of some of the best online scheduling apps to help you weigh options.)
Here’s an (always growing) list of scheduling platforms, reservation apps, and ticket booking platforms that offer Instagram buttons. You can also check Instagram’s Business Tools FAQs to see new updates.
Partner Apps that Offer Instagram Buttons
- Book Button: Acuity Scheduling, Appointments by Square, Appointy, Avec, BeautyDate, Booksy, Fresha, GenBook, GetSquire, Gettimely, GlossGenius, Gopanache, MyTime, Salon Iris, Schedulicity, Schedulista, Setmore, Shore, StyleSeat, Treatwell, Vagaro
- Reserve Button: Bookatable, Chope, Gurunavi, Jasper’s Ristorante, OpenTable, Quandoo, Reserve, Restorando, Resy, SevenRooms, TheFork, Tock, Yelp
- Get Tickets Button: Eventbrite
How to Add a Book Button to Instagram
1. Get on a Scheduling Platform
You will need one from the list above to use Instagram’s Book feature. If you’re ready to add a Book Now button to your Instagram but don’t have an appointment scheduling app that offers this feature, we’re here for you. Enter: Booking on Instagram with Schedulicity.
You can easily add a “Book” button to your Instagram business profile by linking it with your Schedulicity account, letting clients make appointments without ever leaving Instagram. If you’ve never used Schedulicity before, you can try all our tools (including the Instagram book button) for free before deciding to go premium. Learn more about our online scheduling tools and free trial right here.
2. Add the “Book” Button to your Instagram Account with Schedulicity
- Log into Instagram and go to your Profile page.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Select Contact Options.
- Click on Add an action button.
- Tap the Book Now option.
- Select Schedulicity from the list.
- You’ll then log in to your Schedulicity account.
- Confirm your settings by clicking Continue.
And just like that — you’re open for business on IG!
Remember: Your Instagram account must be a business account. If you need help setting up your Instagram business account, read A Step-by-Step Guide to Marketing Your Small Business on Instagram.
3. Tell Your Clients About Your New Appointment Booking Option!
In your next few Instagram posts, add something like: Great news! You can now book appointments on Instagram. Click the “Book” button in our profile!
Read more articles on how to step up your Instagram game: