We work with so many incredibly talented stylists and barbers here at Schedulicity, so obviously, we needed to pick their brains about their favorite salon tools.
These are the products they have on constant rotation — and they’re ideal buys for a better 2021. It’s been a long 2020. Why not treat yourself to a gift that will keep on giving?
The Best Tools for Barbers and Stylists to Buy for 2021, According to the Experts
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. High-Quality Shears, a Rubber Mat for Clippers, Shave Gel, a Facial Massager…
– The team at City Image Barbers
- Hanzo Shears, or any other high quality shear for haircutting. Shark Fin is also another great brand.
- A rubber mat to place your cordless clippers on so that they do not get damaged when you place it down on your countertop.
- Shave gel is a must. Some brands we like are Tomb 45 and EZ Blade.
- The BaByliss cordless facial massager is awesome!
- YS Park Combs are the best and most durable!
- Denman vent brushes are great for all around styling.
- The Dyson blowdryer is becoming very popular in the barber industry, even though it is expensive it is well worth it.
8. Sur La Route Bag ($215.00)
– Cassie Kurtz, master barber, owner of Beyond the Beard, and founder of the non-profit Her Chair His Hair
“It has an adjustable camera section at the bottom, area for you to store combs, clipper attachments, clippers and shears safely as well as a laptop sleeve, two bottle sleeves, and a whole main compartment. I love that the weight distributes vertically, so it doesn’t make you feel like you’re tilting forward or backwards a la summer camp days. It’s not a small investment for a bag but I have zero regrets — I have used it for travel on planes, trains as well as the subway.”
9. The Philip Wolff Edition Zuka (set of 2, $64.99)
“Our number one muuuuuuuuuust have tool for both salons and barber shops is…drumroll…The Philip Wolff edition Zuka! It is a lightweight, adjustable silicone rubber cape seal used in conjunction with the hair cutting cape that catches your client’s hair. The soft, silicone rubber Zuka cape seals help protect clients and their clothing from the icky drip of water or hair color seeping under the cutting cape, and the annoying itch of hair clippings against their skin. It’s even BARBICIDE-certified. This WILL take your client’s experience to the level of luxury they deserve in 2021!”
10. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Dryer ($89.99 and up)
– Nina Tulio, salon business consultant and Schedulicity guest columnist
“I just got it, and it’s amazing. Lightweight, dries my hair quickly, and my hair feels smooth and looks shiny too. It’s definitely a must have! And you can grab it at an affordable price.”
11. Hand Held Nano Spray ($75.00)
– Lee Resnick, barber and founder of Barbershopconnect
“You can fill it with any liquid disinfectant to spray down your barber or salon chairs and stations.”
12. Wireless Trimmers and Clippers from BaByliss and Andis ($174.99-$299.99)
– Barry Hairston, “The Stars Barber”
“I take my BaByliss wireless skeleton trimmers and my custom BaByliss clippers everywhere.” (Barry told us he also swears by his wireless Andis Masters.)
BaBylissPRO® GOLDFX Outlining Trimmer ($174.99)
BaBylissPRO® ROSEFX Clipper ($197.99)
Master® Cordless Lithium Ion Clipper ($299.99)