No matter where you’re at in your career path, using the right massage booking app can make all the difference in your work day.
With a busy schedule of appointments, billing, SOAP notes, and marketing, there’s no doubt it takes a ton of organization and planning to be a successful massage therapist. So anywhere you can automate and save time in your day can be a game changer.
That’s why it’s so important to have a massage booking app you can count on.
To help make your research process a little easier, we’re breaking down some of the best massage therapy software out there — looking at both features and cost — so you can be sure to make the right decision for you and your business.
5 Best Online Massage Therapy Apps and Software
If you’re on the hunt for an online booking software for your massage business, this list has the details you need.
Hey, we couldn’t make a list of the best massage therapy apps for booking without including ourselves, right? Besides, with a robust appointment calendar, built-in payment processing, and automated marketing tools, we know we have the tools you need to help you manage your massage business.
Solo massage therapists or larger spas with multiple employees on staff. Especially great if you need to manage multiple therapists’ schedules on one calendar, while also keeping finances and clients separate.
- All the tools for your business in just one place, so you can not only manage your appointment calendar and clients but your marketing and payment processing as well
- Industry low rate for payment processing: 2.5% + 15¢ for every transaction
- Award-winning customer support via phone, email, or chat with our Schedulicity Rockstars
- Scheduling: appointment for one-on-ones, customizable schedule and time off, ability to manage multiple therapists’ schedules
- Marketing: Instagram Book button integrations, widgets for Facebook and your website, access to Our Marketplace where local customers can discover you, our special Deal Manager feature and other customizable incentive and discount programs to hook clients, and more
- Payments: Built-in payment processing, one industry-low rate for every transaction (2.5% + 15¢), built-in reporting, integration with Stripe for Canadian businesses
- Automation: Automated marketing emails (like birthday discounts and thank you emails), text appointment reminders, provider booking notifications, customizable online waivers, Package Management
- Apps: iOS and Android apps for both you and your clients
Don’t miss our full Features page to learn everything Schedulicity has to offer!
Free (up to 10 bookings per month). We then offer an Unlimited model, so you can access all of our advanced features starting at $34.99 per month.
“This has all but eliminated my no-shows. Also love that my employees can check and adjust their schedules and re-book clients easily.” —Schedulicity Capterra Review
Solo or group massage practices, Bodyworkers and Wellness professionals.
- Offered for free for the first year (Transition Plan)
- Free website that integrates with all of MassageBook’s features
- Client membership programs
- No built-in payment processing. You’ll have to use Square or Stripe integrations.
- Ability to manage gift cards
- SOAP notes
- Website integrations
Free transition plan for your first year, then three tiers for pricing — $19.99, $37.99, or $47.88 — depending on your needs and size.
Larger businesses, especially those that depend on Yelp for a lot of their business or businesses with multiple employees.
- You can think big. This massage booking app can handle a large number of staff members and multiple locations
- Great if you need a clock-in/clock-out feature for your therapists
- If you’re just starting your massage therapy business, Vagaro may have too much to consider. (More tools/more complicated.)
- Customer support via phone, email, chat
- Ability to build your website using their templates
- Yelp, Instagram, and Facebook integrations
See all of Vagaro’s features for more info.
Well established massage businesses looking for advanced and customizable features.
- Acuity is owned by Squarespace, which launched an Acuity scheduling integration
- More integrations than any other scheduling app (think PayPal, Mailchimp, Quickbooks)
- They don’t offer phone support to talk with someone about questions you have or help you with your account
- The advanced/customizable features come with a pretty pricey upgrade
- Ability to manage multiple calendars and locations
- Ability to customize your scheduler with your logo and company colors
- PayPal, Square, and Stripe integrations for payment processing
See all of Acuity’s features for more info.
Free week trial, then anywhere from $14 – $45 per month
Massage therapists who work for a medical practice. Geared towards healthcare.
- Has all the tools for healthcare practice management
- Integrates with MailChimp and Xero
- May have too many tools for a small massage practice
- No apps for iPhone or Android
- SOAP notes
- Billing and invoicing
- Employee management
See all of Cliniko’s features for more info.
Free trial for thirty days, then pricing starts at $45/month.