Isn’t it awesome to have quick access to so many resources and so many people that have paved the way for us in business?
Whether it’s listening to a podcast or reading books for small business owners, we are so fortunate that we have business-building — and money-making — tools at our fingertips.
Truth: I am more of a podcast person myself. Even on a quick drive to the office, it can really spark something in you or give you that motivation you need to kick off the day.
That said, taking a deeper dive with a small business book each evening can make a huge difference for your business and your income. And then there’s the perfect compromise: the audiobook.
Here’s a list of all my favorite podcasts, beauty industry podcasts, and books for small business owners, so you can find the perfect one for you.
Best Podcasts for Small Business Owners
- Goal Digger Podcast by Jenna Kutcher
- The Marie Forleo Podcast
- The Gary Vee Audio Experience
- Girl Boss Radio with Sophia Amoruso
- Behind The Brilliance with Lisa Nicole Bell
- Dare to Lead and Unlocking Us with Brene Brown
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations
- The Tony Robbins Podcast
- Earn Your Happy With Lori Harder
Best Hair and Beauty Industry Podcasts
- No Stylist Left Behind (co-hosted by me!)
- The Thriving Stylist
- Hair Love Radio
- The Kelly Cardenas Podcast
- The Be Series with Tina Black
- The Hairstylist Rising
- She Makes Waves
- The Anxious Creative Podcast
- 124 Go Shop Talk
- Sola Stories Podcast
- The Happy Healthy Hairstylist
- The Hair Game With Eric Taylor
Best Books for Small Business Owners
Are you ready to dive deeper into all things business? Maybe you stand in your own way of your own success or maybe fear controls you in your business.
And let me tell you: I can totally relate to that.
Fear is such a hard thing to move past — but knowledge helps so much.
Whatever you are looking for in business or personal growth, I’ve got you covered with this best book list.
From old school to new school, these books will inspire you and help you grow yourself and your business. Enjoy!
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- The Gifts of Imperfection – Brene Brown
- Facing Codependence – Pia Mellody
- The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown (only available as an audiobook!)
- The Untethered Soul – Michael Alan Singer
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- So … Anyway – John Cleese
- Start With Why and Leaders Eat Last – Simon Sinek
- Unfu*k Yourself – Gary John Bishop
- Profit First – Mike Michalowicz
- The Road Less Stupid – Keith Cunningham
- How To Get Shit Done – Sean Whalen
- The Most Powerful Women in the Room – Lydia Fenet
- All Souls Trilogy – Deborah Harkness
- The 10X Rule – Grant Cardone
- Get Out of your Own Way – Mark Goulston
- The Art of Strategic Leadership – Steven Stowell
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen R. Covey
- How To Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
- You are a Badass and You Are a Badass at Making Money – Jen Sincero