Schedulicity? Or GlossGenius? What features do they have in common, and what sets them apart from other online scheduling apps?
Schedulicity and GlossGenius are two of the biggest names when it comes to online scheduling, so there’s no surprise you’re taking the time to research both options.
In this blog, we’re taking a good look at both apps to answer the big questions for you, like pricing, features, reviews, and more!
Schedulicity vs GlossGenius. Let’s dig in!
Got specific questions? Feel free to jump ahead. 👇
- What kind of features do they offer?
- What’s Schedulicity and GlossGenius customer service like?
- How much is GlossGenius and Schedulicity?
- Do they charge my clients a booking fee?
- What are Schedulicity and GlossGenius reviews like?
- Is there a Schedulicity mobile app? A GlossGenius app?
- Who are their competitors?
Schedulicity vs GlossGenius: A Breakdown
What are their top features?
GlossGenius: Like Schedulicity, GlossGenius was built with beauty and wellness entrepreneurs in mind, so they have tools to help manage your clients, calendar, and marketing. Here are a few of GlossGenius’s best features…
- Waitlists: Keep last-minute openings full with a waitlist clients can join. (Schedulicity can do this, too!)
- Manage multiple staff on one calendar: No need to jump between calendars! Keep all your employees together on a single calendar.
- Client notifications: Appointment reminders, confirmations, and update notifications to keep clients informed.
Schedulicity: On top of waitlists, multiple calendars in one place, and client notifications, Schedulicity has other great features businesses love!
- Pay-by-text: Norm is Schedulicity’s pay-by-text tool, allowing you to text a client their bill straight to their phone, eliminating any awkward “tipping moment.”
- Killer marketing tools: Schedulicity’s marketing tools include automated emails to welcome new clients, say thank you after appointments, and send out birthday deals for their special month.
- Promotion management: Schedulicity’s Deal Manager is a unique feature that allows you to create promotions, or discounts, and share them on social media or via email marketing.
Send the bill straight to your client’s phone with Norm by Schedulicity. Ditch the card reader, speed through payment, and bump up tips. Available now on Schedulicity.Learn more about Norm
What’s their customer service like?
Bad customer service can be a deal breaker for a lot of business owners. If it’s important to you, you want to make sure you’re getting the best!
Let’s see how Schedulicity and GlossGenius customer service compare on the software review site Capterra.
GlossGenius: According to GlossGenius’s Capterra review’s page, they offer email, chat, and phone support. They also have a knowledge base of info, for folks who like to find the answers on their own.
Schedulicity: Schedulicity’s award-winning customer support team is known as The Rockstars, and they’re always ready to help out! With email, in-app chat, and phone support, you can come to them for feature questions or marketing help.
How much do they cost?
GlossGenius: GlossGenius offers a free 14-day trial for new signups. Then from there, they have two different payment tiers: $24/month or $48/month.
While their website doesn’t elaborate on what the $48/month entails, they do mention that it’s “built for enterprise salon suite partners” and that it’s by invitation only.
Schedulicity: Schedulicity offers two different subscription plans as well: Free and Unlimited.
With the free account, you’re able to book up to 10 appointments per month, and it’s easy to learn the ins and outs of your new account before paying a dollar. Plus, you can stay in the free version as long as you need!
- Unlimited: Starting at $34.99/month, Schedulicity’s Unlimited Plan comes with all the tools you need to manage and grow your business, including automated marketing, text reminders for your clients, payment processing, and more.
Don’t miss Schedulicity’s price comparison chart, and learn how Schedulicity compares to other scheduling software.
What Kind of Money-Maker Are You?
Let’s talk money, honey! Spend it, save it, hustle for it.Take the Quiz
Do they charge my clients a booking fee?
We’ve heard about a couple scheduling apps out there charging their clients sneaky online booking fees. But rest assured, both Schedulicity and GlossGenius do not charge clients a booking fee for booking online.
GlossGenius: GlossGenius does not charge clients fees for booking online. In fact, they have a great breakdown on their website for scheduling apps that do!
Schedulicity: No. With Schedulicity, you can rest assured there are no sneaky fees for you or your clients!
What are Schedulicity and GlossGenius reviews like?
Capterra is the go-to source for software reviews, and both Schedulicity and GlossGenius reviews are posted there by real users. Here’s what you need to know…
GlossGenius: GlossGenius has a 4.7/5 rating on Capterra, with 49 total reviews.
According to users, GlossGenius is rated 5/5 for Client Management and Email Reminders, though they are given a 4/5 for Email Marketing.
Visit GlossGenius’s Capterra page for a full breakdown, including feature reviews.
Schedulicity: With a 4.5/5 rating for Ease of Use, Customer Service, and Value for the Money, Schedulicity has a 4.4/5 overall rating on Capterra.
The biggest stat? Schedulicity comes in at 5/5 for appointment scheduling and a 4.7/5 for client management!
Check out Schedulicity’s Capterra review page to learn what other businesses have to say about their Schedulicity account.
Is there a GlossGenius mobile app? A Schedulicity app?
GlossGenius: Yes, GlossGenius has mobile apps for Android and iPhone/iPad users.
Schedulicity: Yes! Schedulicity has mobile booking apps for you and your clients.
Look for them in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
With the Schedulicity business app, you have all your info in one place, so you’re ready to manage your business on the go: appointments, schedule preferences, sales history, and more — right from your phone or tablet.
Who are their competitors?
Finding the right booking app for your business takes time. A good chunk of that time is learning all you can about other competitors in the online scheduling world.
To help you in your research, here are two of Schedulicity’s and GlossGenius’s biggest competitors…
Vagaro: Got a larger salon with several employees? If so, Vagaro might be for you.
- They can handle bigger salons with a staff of twenty or more, and they can also help manage multiple locations.
- One of their best features is payroll management, which allows your staff to clock in and clock out—which can be huge for larger salons.
- They also have several handy integrations with other tools, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Yelp.
Acuity: Acuity is a scheduling app suited for well-established salons and other appointment-based businesses that need more customizable features (like integrations with external marketing and financial tools).
- Like Schedulicity, Acuity allows businesses to customize their booking page, and clients are able to book their own appointments.
- Acuity, Vagaro, and Schedulicity can all manage multiple locations and service providers, which makes these schedulers ideal for growing salons and spas.
- Both scheduling platforms offer discounts, deals, and packages to upsell services and products.
We know finding the right scheduling software for your business takes time.
Our biggest piece of advice? Chat with each app’s support team and be sure to watch demos to learn how the app looks and feels.