Want to boost your social media posts quickly?
Small business hashtags are an effective, free way to reach more people on Instagram.
Just because hashtags are free doesn’t mean you should blow up your Instagram caption with an army of hashtags.
Hair, beauty, or fitness hashtags on Instagram serve specific purposes.
For example, industry hashtags like #FemaleFitness are popular enough to be widely used but not so popular that you’ll get lost in a sea of posts.
Branded tags are more niche but can generate even bigger responses.
Herschel Supply Co.’s #WellTravelled, which is specific to its social media campaign, is one of the most-used travel hashtags on Instagram.
Creating your own branded business hashtags for Instagram can be useful (and again – costs no money), but you can spread your digital reach even further by adding more popular, relevant tags.
Scroll to find the best hashtags for your industry and how to find them on your own for free. 👇
- How to Find the Best Hashtags for Hair, Beauty, Fitness, and Wellness Businesses
- Best Instagram Hashtags for Salons and Beauty Businesses
- Best Fitness Hashtags for Instagram
- Best Wellness Business Hashtags for Instagram
- Bonus: Instagram Resources for Small Businesses
Hair, Beauty, and Fitness Hashtags for Instagram Posts & Reels
To jump-start your search for the best Instagram hashtags for your business, we compiled lists for the beauty, hair, fitness, and wellness industries.
These hashtags regularly have at least 50,000 posts — and some of the most popular have more than 10 million.
That makes them great options for mixing in with your branded and more specific hashtags.
Let’s dive in!
Free Salon and Beauty Hashtags for Instagram
These industries span more products, topics, and beauty services than others, so you have a broader selection of hashtags for beauty posts to choose from.
Each can be categorized by the specific service you want to promote.
For example, if you want to promote a general service, try mixing branded tags with the most popular makeup and beauty hashtags, such as:
If you want to promote a skincare treatment for acne or anti-aging, mix in your small business hashtags with popular skincare tags such as:
Hairstyling services can appeal to a range of people: men, women, nonbinary people, children, and more, not to mention people with different textures and styles of hair to begin with.
Add a few hashtags like #CurlyHair or #NaturalHair to signify the type of services you offer.
Once you find the best hashtags for your business specifically, add some more general hashtags like these:
Whether you’re a nail artist or a salon that offers manicure or pedicures, some of the top-performing hashtags on Instagram for nail enthusiasts include:
Eye makeup tips and products are as popular as nail care on social media, and some of the highest-performing makeup and beauty hashtags for eye makeup include:
Social Media Marketing 101
Deep-dive into trends, tools, and hashtags that will take your brand – and small business – to the next level.Get the Guide
Best Fitness Hashtags for Instagram
Though the fitness industry is just as trendy as the beauty industry, there are fewer categories of hashtags to choose from.
It’s even more important to create specific brand- and industry-related hashtags to promote your posts. Combine them with some of the best fitness hashtags on Instagram, such as:
Wellness Business Hashtags for Instagram
If you own a small business in the wellness space, much of what you share might fall into the categories of fitness, beauty, or both.
Depending on the specific content you share, consider mixing niche wellness hashtags with some of the more popular general ones above.
In addition, you should sprinkle in some of the top-performing hashtags on Instagram that relate exclusively to wellness, such as:
The hashtag game can be tricky.
If you use only the most popular tags, you’ll risk getting lost in the shuffle.
But if you stick to branded or niche hashtags, your audience may never grow.
Get the best of both worlds by using trendy and niche small business hashtags and by researching which trending tags will give you the greatest reach.
Bonus: How to Find the Best Hashtags for Hair, Beauty, Fitness, or Wellness Businesses
Before we get into the best hashtags, here are three steps you can take to find the most relevant hashtags for your industry:
- Use Instagram’s tag search function to identify the hashtags with the most engagement. Start with your industry — “beauty,” “fitness,” etc. — and see which hashtags have thousands (or even millions) of hits.
- Look for more niche hashtags. If you’re a fitness instructor who specializes in CrossFit or HIIT workouts, search those terms to find hashtags like #CrossFitGirls, #CrossFitLife, or #CrossFitCoach that have smaller but likely more engaged audiences.
- Check out the hashtags your competitors are using. If they’re getting a lot of engagement, especially with a local audience, add them to your roster of hashtags to use moving forward.
Extra Credit: Instagram Resources for Small Businesses
If you’re looking to find new clients, make more money, and build your brand, Schedulicity has a few other resources that might help:
- How to Improve Instagram Marketing for Your Small Business
- The Best Instagram Features for Salons, Stylists & Fitness Pros
- 20 Ways to Boost Instagram Engagement
- What Every Hair Stylist Should Have in Their Instagram Bio
- 10 Ways to Write Better Instagram Captions (And Make More $$$)
- How to Get More Appointments Booked on Instagram
- A Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Marketing for Salons