Growing a successful salon business can feel so overwhelming at times! So much to do and so little time, right?
Times have changed over the past year or so, but it’s still very important to keep your focus on the long-term. The goals you have for your business should not change, but your approach may just have to shift a bit.
Whether you are an owner, independent, or commissioned stylist, these 5 Cs can truly help you stay focused on the long term goal of success. Let’s dive in.
Be 100% committed to doing whatever it takes to grow! Commit to:
1. Personal growth and development
2. Taking on social media as a part-time job
3. Taking care of your clients and focusing solely on the client who is in your chair
4. Anything and everything that will help you attract new clients, even if it means stepping outside of your comfort zone
No matter what you do, be consistent in your approach and follow-through. Consistency is the key to growth in any and every area of your life and your business.
1. Social media: Dedicate time once or twice a day to post great content
2. Referral program: Hand out your cards consistently to every client
3. Client Experience: Provide a 5-star experience to every client, every single time
Get clear on what you want and create a plan for how you are going to get after it. It could be that you want to increase client retention this year or elevate your guest experience, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. The first step is to identify the areas that need improvement.
2. Pull reports. Facts are golden and can give you a great starting point.
3. Create a plan of action with clear steps on how you are going to crush these goals. No matter how many distractions come your way, be sure to stay focused, stay clear, and keep pushing forward.
The key to a perfect relationship, whether personal or professional.
- Keep the lines of communication open with your guest to add value in a way that will want to keep them coming back
- Offer longer consultations for new clients to build trust. Communicating with them beyond the chair is also a game-changer
- Keep your clients informed. Share educational videos, promotions for the month, new products, and reminder emails on how you are going above and beyond to keep them safe during covid. I suggest sending out three or four email campaigns a month.
We are not in the hair business. We are in the people business. Your job is to make people look and feel beautiful, inside and out And it’s not always rainbows and butterflies!
- Clients need your constant care and compassion, especially when they are going through a hard time. Always make it a priority to listen to your clients.
- Even when they don’t tell you with their words, you can watch their body language and demeanor. Lean into that.
- Trust your gut and shift as you need to. Showing true compassion and care for our clients will allow you to build a stronger bond and relationship long term.
Remember: You Got This.
You can do whatever you put your mind to.
- Lead with passion and love
- Share your truth and be your authentic self
- Commit to your goals and see them through,
- And always be consistent with your message and your actions
It will pay off.